Supreme Court Blog

 

E-mail me at
scotus -at- justice dot com

Supreme Court of the United States

Findlaw's Supreme Court Center

How Appealing

Sam Heldman

SCOTUSblog

Site Meter



Thursday, March 06, 2003
Panel wins, I lose


Among the many predictions I made which have turned out to be incorrect in recent weeks was that the White Mountain Apache indian law case would be reversed. The day after the oral arguments, I attended a panel given by Georgetown University Law Center's Supreme Court Institute. The panel predicted that the White Mountain Apache case would be affirmed, but that the Navaho case would be reversed. The panel was right on.


Later today I will post a summary of the prediction game so far. In short, Sam Heldman is kicking my butt. The worst part is that in almost every case that we disagree on, his prediction is the correct one. The one exception was the Boeing case, which I predicted correctly and he did not.