Supreme Court Blog

 

E-mail me at
scotus -at- justice dot com

Supreme Court of the United States

Findlaw's Supreme Court Center

How Appealing

Sam Heldman

SCOTUSblog

Site Meter



Wednesday, October 02, 2002
For my own information, in the Supreme Court prediction contest with Sam Heldman here is how the predictions look so far:











TedSam
Monday, Oct. 7
Yellow Transp. v. MichiganREVERSEREVERSE
Ford Motor Co. v. McCauleyDISMISSREVERSE
Tuesday, Oct. 8
FCC v. Nextwave CommunicationsREVERSEAFFIRM
Barnhart v. Peabody Coal Co.REVERSEREVERSE
Wednesday, Oct. 9
Eldred v. AshcroftREVERSEAFFIRM
Howsam v. Dean Witter ReynoldsREVERSEREVERSE


Doesn't look like a good week for respondents--at least not by my predictions. I did think that the court would affirm the Ford case if it does not dismiss for lack of appellate jurisdiction. I should point out that I have more confidence in our federal courts of appeal than these predictions would otherwise indicate.